Every year we hold a trick-or-treat party/parade for our students. We always put some wall decorations together for a background and took commemorative photos of all the kids and their costumes. Every year I tried to make the background better and better and tried to make the photos look a little more nice. Here is a photo we took in 2006 for Halloween of our daughter Jade. As you can see, there's not much to what we did for a background.
Over this past year, I've tried my best to take better photos and to study up on how to use my camera. I took what I learned from last year's Halloween and what I've learned over this past year and decided to try and step it up a level. This is what I produced.
I didn't do too much post processing for these photos. I used Lightroom 2 to adjust the white balance (I was using tungsten lights in my soft boxes), and used the vignettes effects to get he blackened edges and just a bit of cropping.
The background I made for this year was pretty much free. I went to the dump for the lumber and used nails I found around the house. We've been using the same fake spider webs for a few years now and the leaves we picked up in the mountains off the side of the road.
All in all, I feel this year's photos turned out much better than last year's. I still did loads of things wrong this time, but I know what I can do better and I'm even more excited for next year.