Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jan 17, 2009

Revenge of the Newb

Posted by Amami Superman

Yesterday I set out early to take some shots of the sunrise. I had to hike up the beach a bit to get to the spot I wanted to shoot from. When I got there, I set up my tripod and attacked my camera. When I went to turn it on, it wouldn't turn on. It was then I realized that I had forgotten my battery on my desk at home. I promptly put away my camera and tripod and headed back to the car.

So yesterday I realized that I fail at preparation check lists. Forgetting my camera battery on my desk was pretty sucktacular. Driving back home yesterday morning, I felt the the sunrise mocking me every time I looked at it. It was then I thought, "I will have my REVENGE!" Well, maybe it wasn't so dramatic. But I did wake up early again this morning and made sure I had everything before I left.

I chose a different location this morning, but it was in the same area. I chose this spot for it's tide pools. They made a pretty nice mirror reflection. Here is one of the two photos I chose to show you. The first is the original before I retouched it in Photoshop.

Shutter Speed: 10 seconds
Shutter Priority
F-Stop: f/10
Aperture Value: f/10
Max Aperture Value: f/4.4
ISO 200
Focal Length: 28
Lens: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

And here is the same photo after I retouched it in Photoshop.

I didn't do too much to this picture but I did do a little of everything. I raised the temperature of the photo as well as adjusting the tint. I also adjusted the exposure along with the saturation. Probably the most noticeable is the exposure. You can see the rocks a little better in the water. I thought it made it look better but you can decide which you like.

This next photo was taken a few minutes after sunrise. This was the first time taking a picture of a sunrise, or a sunset for that matter, with my D60. I wasn't too sure about the settings so I was trying a few different things as I was shooting.
Again, here is the original photo before I retouched it in Photoshop.

Shutter Speed: 1/1250 sec
Exposure Program: Aperture Priority
F-Stop: f/11
Aperture Value: f/11
Max Aperture Value: f/5.5
ISO 100
Focal Length 48mm
Lens: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

This photo was kind of dark but I liked the way the sun looked like a disc and I also like the dark blue sky in the top of the photo. Here is the photo after I retouched it in Photoshop.

I did about the same as the previous photo. I adjusted the temperature, tint, exposure and saturation.

Well, those are the 2 of the photos I took this morning. I hope you liked them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.