Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Sep 24, 2009

Missing In Action

Posted by Amami Superman

First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting in a few weeks. I'd like to say I was taking a break, but the truth of the matter is I was overwhelmed by work. It wasn't until this last weekend that I was able to actually get a day off. Work had me out and about most of the time, but I found it hard to take time to take any photos. I did get a few opportunities to take some photos, but all in all I didn't take very many this past month.

Last month on the last week of Jade's summer vacation, we decided to go have a barbecue at the river. It was refreshing swimming in the river. A lot cooler than the beach. The barbecue and swimming soon turned into crawdad hunting. In the past we used to catch crawdads to eat; now we catch them to put into our big fish tank.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 27mm, 1/100 sec, f/5.0, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Testing The Water

When we first arrived to this spot, I was surprised to see 5 or 6 aluminum cans in the river. I'm no tree hugging Greenpeace environmentalist, but that's one thing that I really can't stand is people throwing their trash away like that. I borrowed my daughter's goggles and fished out all the cans and a few plastic bottles. The water was very cold and refreshing. After that I put together our small barbecue grill and started up the charcoal.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 34mm, 1/60 sec, f/5.0, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Think There's Crawdads Here?

We were barely finished with lunch and they were back in the river starting to look for crawdads. We actually caught quite few.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/60 sec, f/5.6, ISO 3200 -- EXIF
Like Aliens

That night after we got home I thought it would be cool to take some photos of the crawdads in our fish tank that we caught that day.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/25 sec, f/5.6, ISO 3200 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/25 sec, f/5.6, ISO 3200 -- EXIF
Can You See The Other One?

I have to admit that it was pretty warm this summer. It's just now starting to cool down. It's still hot and humid, but not quite like mid summer. It didn't rain that much this last rainy season and we didn't have that many typhoons come through. Some people are worried we may have a water shortage next year. That's El Niño for you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.