Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Sep 30, 2009

Torishige

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 2 sec, f/10, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Waiting

Last Thursday we decided to go to my friend Eiji's yakitori restaurant, Torishige. For those of you that don't know what yakitori is, it's basically skewered chicken grilled over an open charcoal flame. Eiji uses top choice chicken for his yakitori so you can expect to pay a pretty penny if you go there to eat. This was my first time since he's opened his restaurant. I've always wanted to go, but I also knew how expensive it would be so the half of me that wants so save money won out over the side of me that wants to eat something yummy... until now.

The above photo is of Jade waiting for us to get ready and leave. It was kind of a nice night. It was just a bit cloudy but clear enough to catch patches of open sky and see a sliver of a moon.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/20 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Meatballs
(made of chicken of course)



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/30 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Different Parts

They use all the different types of meat found on a chicken, including things like the gizzard. You would probably think, "There's no way I would eat chicken gizzard!", but unless you knew what you were eating, you wouldn't think it's that bad.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/15 sec, f/2.0, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Onigiri and Umeboshi
(rice balls and pickled plumb)

Jade likes her umeboshi as does my wife.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/30 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Eiji

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.