Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Dec 23, 2009

Kagoshima Aquarium

Posted by Amami Superman

On our trip to Kyushu, after watching the dolphin show, we took the tour of the aquarium. The first thing you get to see is the big tank. They had manta rays, whale sharks, tuna and a bunch of other fish I don't know the names of. I took loads of photos and got some pretty nice shots in my opinion, but when posting to a blog, there's only so many posts you can make about fish. So instead of making a few more posts of the photos I took of the fish, I just chose a few of them to share.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
The Big Tank


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Kind of Scary


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Checking Out the Sign


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/100 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Cool Looking Squid


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/100 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Job Description: Swim Circles


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Even More Scary


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/125 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Like Something From a SciFi Flick


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/250 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Playful Otters

This ended our day and we made our way to the hotel we had reservations for. I was pretty beat and after a hot shower, I fell asleep pretty quick.

The next day was set aside for shopping. We went to a bunch of different malls. The first we hit up was Toy-R-Us in Taniyama. In that same mall, they have a pretty big pet store and we went around looking at all the animals they had there. They had everything fluffy kittens to deadly looking scorpions and one obnoxiously noisy dog that would make your ears bleed when it barked.

We also hit up a new mall they had more near downtown Kagoshima called Aeon Mall. We spent most of the day there.

After spending hours at the malls, I decided I wanted to go see a movie. They have a movie theater here in Amami, but it's nothing to talk about. No surround sound, the screens are cracked and they never have the movies I want to see and if they do, the're in Japanese. So we took the rent-a-car back and took a taxi to the Kagoshima Central Train Station where they have some very nice movie theaters. I didn't expect the movie to be so long. When I bought the ticket, I asked the lady when it was going to finish to let my wife know when to meet me and the lady told me it finished 10 minutes after our boat left. I got the ticket refunded and we just walked around window shopping again until it was time for us to head to the port to catch our boat.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.