Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 25, 2009

More Waterfalls

Posted by Amami Superman

I went out today to take some photos again. I had to find my way down a mountain side to get to this spot. It was pretty slippery and I slipped a few times. I went tumbling once. If there was anyone around, they would have thought it was a wild boar crashing down the mountain side. But, my extra padding cushioned my fall. "And he's OK!"

I've seen this spot from up off the road but never tried to actually get down to it. When I got down right next to it, there really wasn't a whole lot of area to set up my camera. I couldn't get right in front of it because there was big rocks everywhere and then another drop down. I had to go back up the mountain just a bit to get this angle. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what kind of a shot I wanted. I tried a few different spots to shoot from and ended up taking most of my photos from this spot.


I used manual mode today. Here are my settings.

Shutter Speed: 1.3 sec
Exposure Program: Manual
F-Stop: f/22.0
Aperture Value: f/22
Max Aperture Value: f/3.5
ISO Speed Rating: 100
Focal Length 18.00mm
Lens: 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6

And here is the picture after I retouched it in Photoshop. I upped the exposure a bit and some other variable settings. I also added a soft glow to it.

It wasn't the best place to take pictures. But, I thought this one turned out OK.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.