Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jun 16, 2009

SusuMucho Continued

Posted by Amami Superman

They had plenty of people who performed a few numbers at this anniversary party. There would be way too many photos to show if I showed everyone who performed so I picked just a few.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/20 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Maa

As I said in my previous post, Maa is a very talented DJ. He is mixing CDs here but he usually uses vinyl LPs. He mixes a bunch of different music genre. I've heard him mix Reggae, House, R&B and Hip Hop. I get a kick out of how he dresses up sometimes for different events. He makes DJing look like a lot of fun.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 --EXIF

I can't remember this guys name for the life of me. He recently returned to live here in Amami. I'm not sure where he lived while he was away. We had many people perform on the guitar, but this guy was by far the best. If you've ever seen the movie August Rush, this guy puts that movie to shame. It was truly amazing what sounds he could produce with that guitar. I've never seen a guitar used as a percussion instrument as well as a guitar. His hands and fingers looked like spiders running up and down the neck of the guitar.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF

We also had a few people perform on the Ukulele. I can't remember this girls name either, but she also recently returned to live in Amami.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Kengo Fumoto

This is Kengo Fumoto. He is the owner of the local FM radio station here in Amami, D-WAVE. Kengo also owns Asivi Roadhouse. He plays many different instruments. I know he can play the guitar, bass, drums and a few others but I'm not exactly sure what they are. He also performs in several different bands. One of the most famous he plays guitar for is a comic band called Salmon & Garlic. I posted a few Salmon & Garlic photos in my brother-in-law's store anniversary post, but you can't see Kengo in any of them. Although Kengo was fairly drunk in the above photo, he still played very well. I was surprised.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF

As Kengo played the guitar, Akihiro (Susumocho's owner's younger brother), sang along. It was pretty funny listening to an ad-lib of Bob Marley's No Woman No Cry. What was particularly interesting about this little jam session was Kengo was so drunk, he would start off playing one song and end up finishing with a completely different song. I got a kick out of it.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/1.6, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
CHEESE!
Akihiro and Yasuhiro



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/30 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF

The night rolled on. Many people performed on the guitar, ukulele and turn tables. When it started to get a little slower, Yasuhiro took his turn on the guitar. He mainly plays bass guitar but recently he has been practicing acoustic guitar. I myself have been trying to learn to play acoustic guitar and I practice with him sometimes. Yasuhiro likes to play bossa nova and I like to play rock ballads. Although what we play is different, it's still fun to get together with him.

I had plenty of fun at this anniversary party. I didn't stay until the end but I heard it went on until about 4:00 in the morning. Just a bit too late for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.