Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jun 29, 2009

No Rain

Posted by Amami Superman

I think we got a late start for the rainy season here in Amami. It's usually over by now but we've had pouring rain for the past couple weeks. Yesterday it finally gave up and I took the family out.

We decided to go to Ayamaru Misaki just north of there airport. I was expecting it to be kind of crowded but, to my surprise, it wasn't. I took some sunrise photos earlier this year from this spot.

The first thing we noticed when we drove into the parking lot were these 5 mini bikes.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Mini Bike Gang

Except for the green one, these bikes are customized Honda Gorillas and Honda Monkeys. All of which have 50cc engines. Gorillas have a squarer gas tank while Monkeys have a round one like the red bike has in the front. I don't know the other differences between the two bikes, but I believe their parts are interchangeable.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/250 sec, f/8.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Low Tide



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
China Matsumoto

As we were walking out to the edge of the reef, I came across a girl running toward me screaming my name. When she got closer I realized she was a student of mine. Although most Japanese have straight hair, China has naturally curly hair and is very cute in pigtails.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Looking for Shells

There aren't many shells to find out here on the reef beds. You can find a lot of mussels that people like to gather to take home to cook up for a meal. I'm not too fond of mussels or shell fish, but it all depends on how they're cooked.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/500 sec, f/11, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Angry Looking Clouds

Although there were a lot of clouds this day, there was a lot of blue sky also. I tried to take these photos with the sky as the subject but they just didn't seem to work for me. I was kind of annoyed with myself because I forgot my polarized filter at home.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/400 sec, f/10, ISO 100 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/320 sec, f/9.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF
More Blue Sky and Clouds
(and a bit of Jade)



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/160 sec, f/6.3, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Something Cool to Drink

The name of this drink is Deka Melon Cream Soda. "Deka", or "dekai", means "big" or "huge". The drink is 500ml (about 16 or 17 ounces), hence the "Big Melon".

I was looking for something to drink but most of what this particular vending machine had seemed like generic brands.



This particular beverage caught my attention and I had to try it. It wasn't that great. I did a search in Wikipedia for this drink and came across a page for it. I thought the part about the 500ml bottles was a bit funny.

I remember the other types of shady cola they had back home, like Jolt. This next drink's name kind of reminded me of that, "Hard Spark Cola". This drink falls in the I'll-never-drink-that-again category.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.