Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Oct 3, 2009

In Her Shoes

Posted by Amami Superman

Do you hold on to your kids' old clothes for sentimental purposes? My wife is that way. She has most of our daughter's old shoes from when she was a baby. I suppose, in a way, I would find it hard to throw out something like that, but that's my feminine side talking. It's a pretty small side... The male side of me is pretty overwhelming and if something is only good for taking up space...

THROW IT OUT!

So my wife has this big bag of old dirty shoes sitting up in our bedroom, taking up space. I thought it would be a good idea to maybe take a few photos of some of these shoes so maybe she would be more inclined to throw them out. She thought the photo idea was good, but we'll see if she actually throws them out.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/40 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Pompkins
(Jade's first pair of shoes)



Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 80mm, 1/40 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Nike



Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 134mm, 1/40 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Fila



Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 160mm, 1/15 sec, f/5.3, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Converse
(Chuck Taylors)

I remember when I was a kid growing up, I'd go through shoes so fast they'd get mad at me for tearing them up so fast. If I tried to take care of them, I would outgrow them just as quickly and they were still buying me new shoes. I never really worried about that with my daughter. If her shoes looked like they were getting too small, we'd get her new ones. She never really tore any of them up so bad that they were unwearable. I remember using duct tape on my shoes because the souls got holes or tore away from the sides. That kind of sounds like a country song...

So those are a few of the shots I took of some of my daughter's shoes. A short walk down memory lane. Now lets go see if we can hide some of these shoes in the garbage without my wife finding out!

1 comments:

Brenton said...

Hi, Brenton from South Aus. Could you convince your wife to donate the old clothes to an orphanage in Thailand? There are many orphanages who would really appreciate receiving them. The kids there do it pretty hard. Here is a list of a few in the Bangkok area (im not associated with any of them). ps appreciate the blog too. Nice photos

GREATER BANGKOK

Phyathai Babies' Home

78/24 Moo.1 District Bangtalad,

Amphur Pakkret Province,

Nonthaburi.

Tel: 00 662 584 7255

Pakkred Babies' Home

78/1 Tivanond Road

Nonthaburi Province 11120

Tel.: 00 662 583 8314

Fax: 00 662 583 3000

Rangsit Babies' Home

2/40 Moo 2 Rangsit-Nakornnayok Rd

Rangsit Sub-district

Tanyaburi District

Pathumthani Province 12110

Tel.: 577 1172 & 577 2347

Fax: 577 2348

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.