Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Oct 20, 2009

Sunset Over Amami

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 20mm, 20 sec, f/25, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Amami at Dusk

Just a small post for today. My computer went hay-wire last week and I had to send it in yesterday for repairs. I'm on an older computer at the moment writing this. I didn't have Lightroom or any other photo editing program installed on this computer so it took me a bit to get it in order to be able to use.

Yesterday was a spur-of-the-moment type deal. I was just finishing with work and it was a pretty nice day so I hopped in the car and drove to a nearby spot you could overlook the city. I got plenty of nice shots of the actual sun just as it was going down over the mountains but I liked this one the best.

After the sun went down and I started to take shots with longer shutters speeds of a few seconds, 2 older gentlemen with DSLR's and compact digital cameras drove up in a rental car and came up to right were I was shooting and starting taking photos. At first I thought they were photography enthusiasts like me but I soon realized they were just some tourists with nice cameras. Not saying photography enthusiasts can't be tourists or vice versa, but these guys were just plain rude with their photography.

I was taking photos with shutter speeds over 10 seconds when one of them came up and started to check out my camera while I was still mid shot. I explained to him I was in the middle of a shot and he apologized. After a few more shots, they started to take their own photos. It started to get really annoying when they started to use their flashes and moving in front of my camera to get their shots.

I'm not the most patient guy, but I bit my lip until they left. As soon as they drove off and I was sure they couldn't hear me, I said a few words that I wouldn't want my daughter to hear me say about them.

In the end, I got some shots that I like so it really wasn't that bad. I think I'll try to go take some sunrise photos sometime soon now the sun comes up later in the morning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.