Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jun 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Jade

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/400 sec, f/1.4, ISO 400 -- EXIF
A Birthday Cheese Cake

My wife's cousin is a talented baker and makes a delicious cheese cake. Jade decided she wanted a cheese cake for a birthday cake this year. It was pretty good.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Blowin' Out the Candles


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/200 sec, f/1.4, ISO 800 -- EXIF
iPod Shuffle

She has been asking for months now for a portable music player. Since I'm a Mac user, I decided to go with the iPod Shuffle. I was surprised to find that it was under five thousand yen. I have a clunky first generation iPod doorstop that cost tens of thousands back in the day. I also have a third generation iPod that's not much better. Look how tiny this thing is! It's just a bit larger than my thumb. One of the major turn-offs of the earlier iPods was their weight. Unless you had it in a case velcroed to your body somewhere, you really couldn't take them for a run or even shoot hoops without it pulling down your trunks or sweat pants. Anyway, now I see how small and light weight they become, maybe I'll get one for myself one of these days. A Nano seems pretty nice also.

So she was pretty excited to get an iPod shuffle for her birthday, but that excitement was almost lost as she opened her next present from my wife's older brother. It was a Justin Beaver autobiography. I guess Justin Beaner is every girl's dream.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/2.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Justin Beeper Autobiography

It all started when she got a Justin Butthead CD for Christmas. She instantly fell in love with him. And then I made the fatal mistake of bringing her to a movie of Crustin Bieber, Never Say Never in 3D, when we went to America back in March. Imagine Justin Beaker's hair in 3D... I shuddered through the whole movie. I guess it wasn't that bad. The story was actually kind of intriguing considering he started out by just posting some videos of himself on YouTube. So with that, Justin Booger, I salute you...



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/80 sec, f/5.6, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Personalized



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/320 sec, f/1.4, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Birthday Card From Mommy and Daddy

We wrote a nice birthday card for Jade too, but as you can see, it was left on the floor as she hungrily devoured each page of her new book.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 32mm, 1/15 sec, f/5.0, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Just Won't Leave Me Alone

Here is another photo of our cat, Sneeze. Now, I like Sneeze just fine and all, but Sneeze and I don't get along that well. She stays out of my way for the most part. But that night, she just wouldn't leave me alone. Everywhere I went she would follow me around and stop right in front of my camera. Either I smelled like fish, or she's starting to lose it and can't remember who I am and that we're mortal enemies, maybe both. But, her she is sitting on the armrest of the chair I'm sitting on.

So I finally got around to backing up my photos. I let them pile up too much this time. Before when I would back up my photos, I would just go through and divide the different files up by hand and burn them to DVD. This time I had way too many to do by hand. So instead, I bought Titanium Toast 11 and let it do it for me. I tell you, it worked like magic. Made my life much easier. The only downside I found is, you can't use low quality DVDs or sometimes they won't burn correctly and you'll get failed burns. I had some low quality DVDs so some of the burns failed, but I was still able to get everything backed up.

2 comments:

parv said...

I get the impression that you don't like Justin Bieber. ;-]

For a moment I thought that the cat image was a painting as the face|fur looks scruffy, possibly due to side|hard light.

Noriko said...

I found you at facebook and came here.
How are you? It's long time no see :)
I could see your beautiful pictures and your family:) I'm very glad to know you are very happy in Amami.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.