Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jun 23, 2011

Hydrangea!

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 34mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Astonishingly Vibrant

Believe it or not, I didn't do anything to change the vibrancy nor saturation in the above photo. I was surprised when I first saw it. Usually the photos I shoot don't look as colorful and vibrant as I see when I shoot. I did, however, up the contrast a bit and lowered the clarity to max for this photo.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5,6 @ 55mm, 1/200 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Can I Have My Photo Taken Too?

For this photo I upped the exposure a bunch, not sure how much, +1.65 in Lightroom. I added some recovery and blacks, gave it some clarity and also upped the vibrancy a bit and lowered the saturation a tad.

These two photos look pretty different and I notice that when they are on the same page, the second photo makes the first one look weird. But when I'm looking at them separately, the first one looks really nice to me. Especially when I leave my computer for a while and come back and it's the first photo I see. I like it. But something about the second photo makes it look weird when they're on the same page.

I posted some photos of hydrangea a few posts early and I didn't know what they were. Peter from Whales was kind enough to leave a comment and tell me what they were. So, thanks Peter. :)

And at least this time I remembered to give this post a title...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.