Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Apr 15, 2009

Nice Weather

Posted by Amami Superman

We haven't had that great of weather lately. I've been antsy to get out and take some photos. Today was relatively nice so after a bit of work in the morning I took the afternoon off and went out to find some places to shoot.


Nikon D60, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1.0 sec, f/20, ISO 100 -- EXIF

We have a flying insect here in Amami called a "BUTU" in the Amami dialect. It's pronounced "boo-too". It's a small bug about the size of a fruit fly but packs a punch much worse than a mosquito. When bitten by one, you bleed from the spot you were bittin. Then it gets red and swells a bit anywhere from the size of a Dime to a Quater and the temperature of the skin in that area goes up. This redness and temperature last for a day or two. I've heard cases of people getting bit multiple times over their bodies and had to go to the hospital for it. They can be pretty nasty if you don't have any bug spray around. These little pests were out in force today and I was bitten 8 times. I'm rarely bitten by mosquitos and when they do bite, I'm mostly unaffected. But these guys do a wammy on me. I was itching like crazy all over my legs.


So as I was driving around in the mountains, I came to a park they have in the middle of no where. I've been here many times but I've never taken any photos. As I drove down in to the parking lot, I noticed these white flowers on some trees. I was excited to get out and take some photos. As I drove up closer, I noticed they were SAKURA! Most of the sakura here in Amami are dark pink and bloom in January. But these weren't pink. The only thing I could think of why they were blooming now is they maybe a different variety than the ones they have planted around Amami. I've never seen any other sakura blooming here in Amami this time of year.

Nikon D60, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 34mm, 1/800 sec, f/5, ISO 100 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 45mm, 1/800 sec, f/5.3, ISO 100 -- EXIF


I went hiking down a trail in the woods taking of photos of whatever I saw.

Nikon D60, 30mm f/1.4, 1/400 sec, f/1.4, ISO 100 -- EXIF


I was having fun hiking around but I was getting tire of being eaten so I decided to head home. I wanted to take some night time photos of the city.

Nikon D60, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 28mm, 30 sec, f/29, ISO 100 -- EXIF

This shot was taken from a spot called "Ogamiyama". It's a pretty nice hike to this spot. There's a fair bit of stair climbing you have to do. My legs felt like soft spaghetti noodles on the way back down. All in all, it was a good day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.