Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Oct 27, 2010

150lbs of Pent Up Rage

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/125 sec, f/3.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Inoshishi
(wild boar)

I don't know if it's the demeanor of all wild boars, but this was one pissed off boar. I guess it doesn't take common sense to understand that wild animals don't like to be penned up. This guy was using its tusks to swipe at the fence hooking it like it was trying to gore me. Although he was in a cage, it was still kind of scary.

I actually had this post all ready to go to be posted and got caught up with work and forgot to post it a few weeks ago. So here it is.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/160 sec, f/3.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
I See You


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/80 sec, f/3.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
And Smell You

Now some people may think, "How cruel. Keeping a wild animal locked in a cage like that." But people in Amami think, "That's going to make a fine barbecue one day." I have quite a few friends who have licenses and guns to hunt wild boar including my wife's uncle and we frequently get the opportunity to eat some wild boar.

Oh, and I don't know if this boar is 150lbs, probably more like 100lbs. I was just guesstimating.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this bore and the guy who keeps it by the gas station. He's not planning to eat it. It's his pet and he thinks it attracts customers so he keeps it. I told him he should release it, and he said, don't you have zoos where you come from?

Anyway, the conversation shifted to the exploitation of animal for money and how rotten people who do it are(saite no ningien).

In the end he told me next time I'm back, he may have released the bore already... well, I came in April and now in Oct, and it's still rotting in his tiny cage.

HIs other argument was, that if it was free, it may be killed in the forest. To which I responded, that it's better to be free and to die than to be caged forever.

JM (FB friend)

ps: I am on the island now... might go to Naze and the north side next week... let me know if you d like to meet for coffee or smth..

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.