Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Oct 8, 2010

Miffed

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 42mm, 1/160 sec, f/5.3, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Towering Spires

I don't have a clue what these flowers are called. I think this is the first time I've actually noticed them. As I said in a previous post, after picking up photography, I'm more aware of blossoming flowers and things or the sort. I don't think I used to be.

So why am I miffed? Let me explain. It was gorgeous day and I rode my bike to work. I decided to take my camera along and this is one of the many shots I got. I had my PL filter on and I got some very rich blue skies and vibrant greens. I figured I would just sling the camera over my shoulder while I rode and stop to take shots of anything I thought was interesting. I stopped to several time and got a few good shots. I was almost back to the city when I was stopped by a bunch of police officers handing out cookies and pamphlets to everyone passing. They call this a "rode safety campaign". Now I can understand giving these kinds of things to people in cars, but for people on bikes it's just bothersome. I didn't have any pockets so I had to pull my bike off to the very side of the road to take my backpack off and store my cookies and pamphlets. Since I was so close to home, I decided to put my camera back in my bag as well. As I was doing so, I noticed that my PL filter was no longer attached to the lens. NOOOOOO! I lost my PL filter. So now I have to order a new one. I don't know how it fell off. I had a slight dent in it so it actually went on my ring-ups kind of tight. I'm not sure if that's what you call those things. They're the rings you use to adapt larger filters to smaller lenses. Anyway, I still had those on my camera so how it fell off, I don't know. Oh well.

3 comments:

parv said...

Ha! I was thinking of a worse situation: strap broke while riding; police gave a ticket; dropped the lens in mud; launched the camera on concrete, etc.

A "ring-up" would be a "step up ring" per your description.

BTW, must you take cookies & the paper?

Amami Superman said...

That's it! Step up rings. I knew it was something with ring and up.

As for refusing the cookies and paper, it never crossed my mind to refuse. I suppose you could, but they might frown upon that. Amami is a small island and me being a gaijin and easy to remember, I wouldn't want to start a reputation for being a rebellious sort.

Peter in Wales said...

I think it's a Cassia, perhaps Cassia alata native to America but widely planted around the world in warmer countries. Very showy, and a good advert for using a polarizing filter !

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.