Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

May 13, 2009

Been There, Done That

Posted by Amami Superman

I took Kevin out today to show him some of the more popular tourist spots. Until now, I've tried to stay away from these spots just because they've been photographed so many times.

I don't have Geotags for most of these photos. There weren't any roads on Google Maps but I can show you about where the turn off is if you look here. The turn off is just after a auto shop on the right side of the road coming from Naze. The name of the area is Kinsakubaru. It's a popular tourist spot that plenty of tourist groups bring their customers.

It was cloudy and a bit rainy for the most, but the sun broke through from time to time and I tried to take advantage of it when I could. It was kind of foggy in some areas also.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1 sec, f/22, ISO 100 -- EXIF

I took a photo back in March of this waterfall with my wife and daughter. I just thought I would show Kevin and take a few shots myself.



Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/80 sec, f/1.8, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Hikage Hego

They call this kind of palm tree, "hikage hego". I'm not sure of its actual name.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, 1/125 sec, f/4, ISO 100 -- EXIF



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/160 sec, f/3.5, ISO 100 -- EXIF

There are a few famous photographers here in Amami. One of which is Futoshi Hamada. Years ago he photographed a lady standing in the myst amongst the hikage hego. It was a very popular photo and was used as a poster for Amami. He took that photo somewhere around where I took these photos. From what I heard, they had to use scafolding to get her up high enough to make her look like she was standing between them. It really was a great photo, but I couldn't imagine going to all that trouble.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/400 sec, f/3.5, ISO 100 -- EXIF


As we drove further along the forest road, we came across a landslide and couldn't go any further. We turned around and headed back to a side road we had seen earlier. I wasn't sure where the road was leading us to, but it's hard to get lost on a small island. Anyway, when I finally figured out where we were, I realized we were near the Materiya waterfall. That too has been photographed many times by everyone and I mostly stayed away from it. Since we were so close, I thought I should at least show Kevin.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 5 sec, f/36, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Materiya Waterfall

As you can see, we had some foggy type myst, but the sun broke through a few times and I tried to get a few shots off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.