Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Apr 4, 2010

Yamato Dam

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 32mm, 1/125 sec, f/10, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Yamato Dam

Took a short drive one afternoon with my wife and we decided to go check out another damn that I haven't been before. I've seen photos of it and knew the general area of the island it was in so we didn't have any troubles finding it.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/500 sec, f/3.5, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Lots of Angles

This dam is tiny compared to some dams I've seen. Although it's small, it sort of reminded me of the Grand Coulee Dam in Washington State. I recently photographed a dam in Sumio with one of my good friends and this one is just a bit bigger I think.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/100 sec, f/3.5, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Taking a Stroll

They had a nice path going around the lake and we took a short walk around part of it. We didn't have a lot of time so we didn't quite make it a 3rd of the way around the lake.


Vertical Panorama From the Center Top of the Dam

Click here for enlarged photo.
** WARNING**
This enlarged photo is larger than my normal enlarged photos. It may take some time to appear depending on your internet connection.

Nothing too great about these photos. I kind of like the panorama so I thought I would share them with you. I took my daughter to see this damn a few days later and she had some fun then. I'll share those photos in a different post. :)

2 comments:

garth said...

The are cool pictures Earnest. I had to laugh when I read some of your captions. You've interchanged 'dam' and 'damn' in some of them! ^_^ Reminds me of my wife going on about visiting the Glenn Canyon Dam in Arizona a few years ago. We parked in the dam parking lot and went on the dam tour! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ_彡☆バンバン!!

Amami Superman said...

You know, that's actually a typo! LOL No matter how many times I try to recheck my spelling, I usually end up missing a few mistakes like this that don't show up in spell check. We'll leave that up there so everyone can laugh at my eeleet spellin skillz.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.