Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Apr 24, 2011

Aloe Vera in Bloom

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/8.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF

I've seen plenty of aloe vera plants, but this is the first time I've ever seen one in bloom. I imagine that aloe vera are succulent plants, kind of like cacti, and only bloom once a year. I'm not sure how rare this is, but it's the first time I've seen it.

I took this photo on an family outing we had to go see the cherry blossoms early February. It's the first time I've seen anything like it so I though I would share it with you all.

2 comments:

sachi kapoor said...

Wow, nice plants. Please share some tips on how to take care of aloe plants. thanks

Amami Superman said...

I found this aloe vera out in the wild near some cherry trees. I really don't know how to care for them. I imagine that they'll grow just fine without any tending and will flourish in the right conditions as this bush has.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.