Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Apr 25, 2011

Sumomo in 2011

Posted by Amami Superman


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/125 sec, f/6.3, ISO 100 -- EXIF

I took this photo back in February. It was late in the season for sumomo, but I was able to get this shot coming home from teaching in Uken. Here is the post I made last year during the sumomo season.

My friend Jeffrey Friedl came up with a great plugin for Lightroom 3 that lets you use Photoshop, like a plugin, editing you photos in a non-destructive way. I tried his plugin for this photo.

I cropped the original in Lightroom and also adjusted some of the variable settings and then used Jeffrey's plugin to further enhance my photo in Photoshop duplicating the original layer and giving the duplicate a multiply blending and adjusting the opacity and fill. With this, I was able to bring the texture of the pedals out more, more than I could have in Lightroom 3 alone. Jeffrey's plugin made my work flow less of a hassle than I would have just editing directly out of Lightroom. I'm still getting used to using his plugin, but it makes my work flow much less easier when I want to edit photos more than the boundaries that Lightroom will allow. Much thanks to Jeffrey.

In the end, this photo isn't that great and I probably did more to it that I should have, but it was just a test for my friend's plugin. I think it worked pretty well. Here is the original photo if you want to know what it looked like.

I probably didn't explain how Jeffrey's plugin works to it's full potential, as I don't know myself, but it helped my work flow become a lot easier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.