Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Apr 19, 2011

Early Spring Day

Posted by Amami Superman

I know, long time, no posts. sorry It's been a hectic few months. In my last post back in January, I said that I was getting over a case of influenza. I missed a bunch of work that I had to make up and with as busy as my schedule is, it was hard to make up. We also had a trip planned for the end of March to the States to go visit family which made things even more difficult. I haven't been back home to the States in 8 years so dealing with getting new passports for the family and re-entry visas for myself, it was quite a hassle with no immigrations office here in Amami. To make matters worse, I got ear infections in both ears 3 weeks before we were set to leave. A few days before our departure date, my ears had not yet cleared up and I ended up getting minor ear surgery on my right ear. I'll tell you about that some other time. It wasn't pleasant.

So we got back to Amami the first week of this month and did our best getting back in to the groove of things. It was a new school year for Jade so we were busy trying to get her prepared. We had only returned home the day before school started for her. It being a new school year, I also was busy with my teaching job out in Uken. We had a whole load of teachers transfer out which meant we had a whole load transfer in. They had a welcoming party that weekend that I had to attend. I got to meet all the new teachers and found that most of the teachers I work with teaching English had transferred out. Now I'm in the process of learning to work with new teachers.

I got the afternoon off today and I thought I would go and look at the photos I've taken over the past few months and was surprised at how many I have. Although I haven't been posting, I'm still taking my camera out with me and taking photos of whatever. These photos were taken back in January at one of the schools I teach at. I'm not sure what kind of plant this is with the red leaves (are they leaves or flowers?), but they looked pretty so I shot them.



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.0, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Kind of Late For Christmas
But pretty non-the-less

They kind of reminded me of poinsettias which they very well maybe, but I really don't know. It had rained earlier that morning and there were still water droplets on the red leaves which I kind of thought looked cool.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/800 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Poinsettias?
They sure look like it.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Hanging On


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100 -- EXIF


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 100 -- EXIF


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 24mm, 1/60 sec, f/5.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Papayas in the Jungle

Just up the hill from where I was shooting, I noticed this papaya tree with a load of papayas growing. This last photo was doctored just a bit. I dropped the clarity a bunch and upped the blacks to give the brighter areas in the leaves a glowing effect. I thought it looked nice so I threw this one in too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.