Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 4, 2010

Last Classes of Shinai Youchien 2009-2010

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Roza-gumi

I teach English at a Catholic preschool here in Amami called Shinai Youchien. Shinai means truth and love, youchien means preschool. They name their classes after people and things from the Bible. I'm not quite sure what the above class' name translates to. I think it's the Rosa Class.

The Japanese school year ends part way through March and the new school year begins in April. They have spring break in between. Last Thursday and Friday were my last classes so I decided to take some photos on Friday.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Zaberio-gumi

Again, I'm not sure about the name for this class either. I think it is the Xavier class.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55m f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Mikaeru-gumi

I think this one is the Micheal class? Maybe. I'm not quite sure.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Maria-gumi

This class' name is pretty much said the same way in Japanese, Maria class. Our daughter, Jade, was in the Maria-gumi all three years she went here.

Those are the 4 classes that I taught on Friday minus the kids that are going to graduate this year. The kids that are graduating were in a special rehearsal for their graduation ceremony they're having next week and couldn't participate with their regular class so I taught them separately in a different class.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
The Graduating Kids of the Previous Four Classes

After teaching my regular four classes on Friday, I taught the kids that were rehearsing for their graduation ceremony. It was almost enough to get me all choked up. For 6 year old kids, some of them are very talented and picked up English right quick. I'm proud of them with how much they learned this past year. I always look forward teaching these classes on Thursday and Friday. The kids are so full of energy and are hungry to learn something new in English.

I completely forgot on Thursday that these were going to be my last classes for this school year and I forgot to bring my camera. I decided to go take some photos of Thursday classes while they were finishing their lunch and doing some free play time.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/60 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Agunesu-gumi

I think this one is Agnes class? They were pretty much already finished with lunch.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/50 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Yosefu-gumi
(Joseph class)

This isn't all the kids in these classes. It would be too much of a hassle to get them all together to take a class photo so I just chose one that had most of them in it.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/50 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Yohane-gumi
(John class)


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/50 sec, f/3.5, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Seshiria-gumi
(Cecilia class)


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 24mm, 1/50 sec, f/4.2, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Saying Goodbye

So those were some of the photos of my last day teaching this school year. I'm looking forward to the next school year and meeting some new students. Congratulations and good luck to all those how are graduating and moving on to first grade. Just to say it in Japanese for my Japanese viewers, 信愛幼稚園の卒園するお友達、ご卒園おめでとうございます。小学校でも頑張って下さい!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.