Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 8, 2010

Shish Kebabs

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/30 sec, f/2.5, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
We Got Chicken

Most of my friends know me for a few things; cars, bikes and my barbecues (and hopefully my photography). I'm the kind of person that will decided to have a barbecue at the drop of a hat. I imagine they have propane gas grills in Japan, but I've never seen one. We barbecue over real charcoal wood, not the briquettes you buy in the supermarkets in America. There's not much difference except they're a pain to get lit. Once lit, they'll burn for hours.

When my wife and I were out shopping, we couldn't decided what we wanted to make for dinner. Chicken was on sale so I bought a few backs of that with some vegetables and decided to make kebabs.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/25 sec, f/2.5, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Grilled To Perfection



Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/10 sec, f/5.6, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
I Made Too Many

We spent about 2,000 yen on ingredients and made way too many for our small family to eat. My wife's brother-in-law came over with 2 of his friends and we still had too many. I called over 2 more friends and even after they had their fill, we still had some left. I then called one more friend I play basketball with.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1/4, 1/50 sec, f/1.4, ISO 800 -- EXIF
The Cavalry
Kenshin Sameshima

Kenshin was just finishing up with work when I called him and he was delighted to come over and have some barbecue. I've known Kenshin now for over 10 years. He's a good friend.

Well, that was my first barbecue of the year and I imagine it's not going to be the last. Next time, I'm thinking of buying real 100% lean ground beef and barbecuing up some hamburgers with American barbecue sauce. I think my friends and family would like that.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.