Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 11, 2010

Lots of Wind

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/2000 sec, f/7.1, ISO 400 -- EXIF
1.

I can't tell you enough just how much I love tax season. It's my ultimate goal in life to be bald and fat with a hairy back. I'm already fat and I'm working on the hairy back, but my hair just won't fall out. But, thanks to tax season this year, my dream is starting to come true. Life couldn't be better!

I've been having such a blast doing my taxes. The tax people must have read my mind this year and sent me a Japanese 2009 Income Tax Guide instead of the one in English they usually send every year. I've been getting a bit bored with taxes over the years and I was looking for a new challenge. Having the guide in Japanese is an added extra bonus. Maybe next year they could send it to me in Korean or Chinese!

I was having so much fun doing my taxes over the past couple of days that my wife thought I was having too much fun and told me to take a break and go outside and play. "Awww, do I have to?" She was pretty stern so I grabbed my camera gear and went for a drive.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/1250 sec, f/7.1, ISO 400 -- EXIF
2.

While other places up north in Japan have been getting lots of snow, we've been getting lots of wind. Strong wind. I was just looking up how strong it was. The wind was blowing at about 30km/h with gusts up to 68km/h. I had a hard time standing up to some of the gusts let alone holding the camera still. I was afraid my car may get tipped over while I was driving. Although it only says 30km/h for the average, it seemed like it was blowing a lot harder than that. It felt like typhoon wind.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 1/1250 sec, f/7.1, ISO 400 -- EXIF
3.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 20mm, 1/1600 sec, f/7.1, ISO 400 -- EXIF
4.

These waves may not look that big, but they actually are. On a regular day, the waves here aren't that big. They're usually small long-breaking waves that come in.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55m f/3.5-5.6 @ 20mm, 1/1600 sec, f/7.1, ISO 400 -- EXIF
5.

I was trying to find a shot of something that I could use as a scale to show just how big the waves were. I decided to use my car. The only problem was this spot was probably the windiest and I couldn't hold the camera still for the life of me. This was about the best shot I got.

So those were the photos I took on my drive yesterday. Although I was upset at my wife for making me go outside to play and not letting me do my taxes, I forgive her. I think she's just jealous I get to have all the fun.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.