Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 31, 2010

Shirasagi

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 92mm, 1/2500 sec, f/4.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Shirasagi
(white crane)

Well, first off, I would like to apologize for not posting in two weeks. After doing my taxes I was pretty tired and I felt I was sitting in front of my computer too much. I had to get out and do something different. I still took my camera out and took photos, but I didn't upload them to my computer until my SD card was full. And even then, I didn't go through and look at the photos I took.

It's spring break here in Japan and it's also the beginning of a new school year soon and work has finally slowed down just a bit.

While taking a break from posting, I got caught up on things I've been meaning to get around to like working on my Honda Civic and a few other projects. My brother-in-law has a Yamaha TW and it's been sitting here at the house under a cover for more than 5 years. I decided to get that out and do a little maintenance on it. After ordering some new parts and replacing the old ones and buying some insurance, I got it running in good working order. I also hosted a few more barbecues for some family and friends, went to the beach a few times and took Jade out to a few place on the Yamaha TW. Jade has never ridden on a bike before and she really got a blast out of it. I took photos of some of the things we did and I'll post those a little later. For the time being, I'll pick up where I left off my posting.

In my previous post I got to try out my friend's AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 IF-ED. I thought it was a pretty nice lens but I only snapped a few shots with it out in front of his shop. These are the shots I got with my 55-200mm lens.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/2500 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Gliding


When I moved back up the river to take some shots, it flew back down the river to its previous spot. Now the cool thing about this is, I've been practicing my panning shots and I thought these mid-flight shots turned out pretty nice. I was pretty happy with them.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 92mm, 1/4000 sec, f/4.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
On the Move Again

As I said, every time I moved in to take a shot, it would fly away to its previous spot. So back and forth we went all the time while I took these panning shots.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 100mm, 1/4000 sec, f/4.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
It Just Won't Sit Still

This photo and the next are probably my favorites out of the lot. It's just close enough that I got some background bokeh to give the photos a little depth.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 100mm, 1/3200 sec, f/4.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Wings Spread


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/2000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Finally It Stands Still


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/1000 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Walking Towards me

So those are some of the many photos I took of this bird. It was fun and I got some more good panning practice in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.