Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Mar 9, 2010

Old Fire Hydrant

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/2.0, ISO 100 -- EXIF

I took this photo because I'm pretty sure they don't have very many of these kinds of fire hydrants here in Amami. Most fire hydrants here are no more than small skinny pipes 4 to 5 inches in diameter sticking up out of the ground. To see a fire hydrant this big in America is regular, but this is the only one I know of here in Amami.

The kanji on the front of the hydrant, "消火栓", says shokasen; which means, "fire hydrant".

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/2.5, ISO 400 -- EXIF

Here is a photo of a fire hydrant just around the corner near my house. Most of the ones here in Amami are similar to this.

The first photo was taken while I was on my way to setsubun at Takachiho Shrine last month. The above photo was taken this morning for something to compare the first to.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.