Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Feb 26, 2010

Garbage Is Garbage

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55m 3.5-5.6 @ 20mm, 1/640 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Burnt Up Fishing Boat

These are some photos I took along with the photos from yesterday's post. I had a difficult time going through them and making this post.

I came across this boat while walking back home. It looked like it was filled with trash and then set on fire some time ago. It was interesting to me at first. I took different photos of the burnt detail and some of the things inside. And then I started to take more photos of the things inside like rusty cans, bent bicycle rims and melted glass. They weren't bad photos, but it was always in the back of my mind that it was still just garbage. I'm not saying that photos of garbage can't be artistic photography, I just feel the photos I took didn't have that artistic quality to make garbage seem something more than it is. I did, however, choose these photos to share to give you an idea of what I was looking at.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/1000 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Charred Wood and Glass Fiber


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 30mm, 1/160 sec, f/7.1, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Filled to the Brim

As you can see in the photo above, it was filled with all sorts or trash. It's a sad sight to see in such a beautiful place.


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 22mm, 1/250 sec, f/4.5, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Better Days

This bicycle has seen better days. As I said, it's a sad sight to see garbage like this in such a beautiful place. But, not uncommon. I suppose one could put together a sort of documentary photo essay about the different places you would find thrown away bicycles. That would be something different than just photographing garbage in a boat. You can see this sort of thing pretty much wherever you go in Japan. Maybe something to think about when I go out to take photos next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.