Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Feb 12, 2010

Pau Pau

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
So Hungry!

We went out to eat at a curry restaurant called Pau Pau. It's close to home and they have pretty delicious curry. Jade was ravenously hungry and the aroma of curry was almost too much to handle for her.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Can You Do This?


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Ta-da!


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/50 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Katsu Curry

Jade ordered the katsu curry. Katsu is a pork fillet breaded and deep fried.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/80 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Seafood Curry

I ordered some seafood curry. It has clams, shrimp and squid in the curry and a bit of red and green seaweed on the rice. It's probably my favorite.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Ebi Fry Omelette Curry

Hikari tried something different and went with the breaded deep fried shrimp and omelette curry. The omelette is actually a type of fried rice wrapped in an outer egg cover. They call it omu raisu in here. I didn't try any but she said it was pretty good.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/25 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Mmmmm Katsu Curry


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/15 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
HOT!!!


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/2.0, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Daddy Wins

Jade is a very slow eater. I suppose that's a good thing though. I grew up with 2 younger brothers so eating with them was first come first serve at the dinner table. If the food ran out and you didn't get enough, tough. Although I'm older and try to taste and experience the food I eat, sometimes I eat too fast still.

2 comments:

parv said...

I knew that the title of "Hot!!!" would be, well, "Hot", having been in similar situations myself.

I thought "tonkatsu" would be the porked version? Does the place serve only one kind of katsu?

Amami Superman said...

In general, katsu mostly refers to tonkatsu. If it's another kind of katsu, say chicken, they would call it chikin katsu. The same could be said for a donburi. Katsudon is tonkatsu but if they used chicken, it would be chikin katsudon. Does that make sense?

They also have different names for the different kinds of cuts they use for tonkatsu. You hear about hire katsu and ro-su katsu quite a bit. I know ro-su is a loin cut, but I'm not sure about hire. They also have kurobuta katsu, which is made from the black pigs they produce here in Amami.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.