Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Feb 14, 2010

The Rain Takes a Break

Posted by Amami Superman

After I got back from taking photos the morning of my previous post, I was just uploading them when the whole room got bright. The sun was out! I took a look out the window and sure enough, there were patches of blue sky out. I finished with what I was doing and decided to take a walk to the weather service station they have near my house. I've seen sakura there before so I thought I'd try my luck. As I was walking there, I snapped some shots of a few things.

Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/250 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Isohiyodori
Amami Blue Rock Thrush


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/250 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
On the Prowl


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 160mm, 1/320 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Ah, Much Better


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/200 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Another Mejiro


Nikon D60, Nikkor 55-200mm f/4.0-5.6 @ 200mm, 1/320 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Soft

This last photo was cropped. I also downed the Clarity a bit to give it a softer feel. Here is the original photo.

Hopefully we'll get some more good weather and I'll be able to get out and take more sakura photos.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Friedl said...

On that last one, it might be interesting to leave the overall clarity at its default, then paint on negative clarity over most of the photo, except right in the area of the bird's face, which you then paint with a touch of positive clarity/sharpness, to make its gaze pop a bit. Wondering whether that might look purdy...

Amami Superman said...

I'll have to try that. I'm still learning how to use Lightroom so I'm still not familiar with the different brush techniques you can use. I study up on different techniques as much as I can, but there's such a wide range of things you can do to a photo and it's tough to study up on them all. I'll definitely look into it.

On kind of the same note, I have some posts lined up for later this week, of sakura, that I used Photoshop (using the Edit In feature in Lightroom), to give my photos a soft glow. I'm really excited about them because I think they turned out really nice. We'll see. I'm getting more into how easy it is to edit photos in Photoshop from inside Lightroom. It makes life so much easier! As I hone my workflow in Lightroom, I'm loving it more and more.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.