Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

May 11, 2010

Giant Clam

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 24mm, 1/25 sec, f/16, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Shakogai
(giant clam)

This photo was also taken at the fish festival last month. The above photo is cropped and I though cropping it like this would make a more interesting photo than what it was. The clam is larger than a basketball and probably much heavier. Here is a photo of the whole thing, although you still don't get an idea of how big it really was.

3 comments:

garth said...

Wow, the overall picture really helped me sort out that cropped image. The cropped image is cool, but I thought it was multiple clams until I saw the original image.
That thing reminds me of an episode on the early 70's Batman (Adam West) TV show when Batman was almost eaten by a giant clam!

Amami Superman said...

I remember watching that episode. Batman was one of my favorite shows to watch. That and Dukes of Hazzard. Although, the Batman episodes I watched were probably re-runs since they started in 1966.

I went to YouTube and looked up this episode. It was part of the second season, episode "The Joker's Hard Times" at the very end of the episode. It stops with Robin getting eaten and it just shows Robin's foot sticking out of the clam wiggling around.

garth said...

That's amazing that you also saw that episode and could find it on You Tube! Thanks for the link, I will check it out as well.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.