Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

May 7, 2010

Lantana

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/125 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF
Colorful Lantana

I'm not quite sure how many varieties they have of lantana here on the island, but my mother-in-law has some growing on the side of her house that are white and yellow. As you can see, these are pink, white and yellow. I found these down by a river in Sumio Village. I've also seen this kind with a darker pink, almost purple in color. They're pretty flowers and it took some time trying to get this shot. Trying to manually focus with a small viewfinder and the wind blowing was a bit of a challenge. But it was all worth it and I think this photo turned out pretty well. This photo has been cropped.

3 comments:

Jeffrey Friedl said...

Holy moley, those are pretty. How big is the ball... the size of a small marble, or the size of a grapefruit, or...?

Amami Superman said...

I'd have to say this cluster is a little smaller than the size of a ping pong ball. They can grow bigger I think, but this is the usual size for what I've seen.

Che-Cheh said...

I used to see a lot of these pretty Lantanas in my younger days. Just recently I found them at a flower nursery. They're so lovely.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.