Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

May 28, 2010

Screwing Around

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 20mm, 1/2 sec, f/3.8, ISO 400 -- EXIF


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 55mm, 1/2 sec, f/5.6, ISO 200 -- EXIF

These photos were taken the same night as my previous post. I slowed the shutter to 1/2 sec and just stuck the camera out the window of the car as I was driving. The first photo has been flipped upside down and cropped just a bit. The second photo was also cropped just a bit. I thought they were kind of funky looking so I thought I would share them with you. What I found kind of weird about the second photo is the crosswalk stripes. There was only two sets but in the photo with the first set coming in intervals of three. I would have expected them to be just a blur. Maybe there was some type of strobe effect nearby that lit them up this way.

1 comments:

parv said...

From the second photo, road looks like a bit bumpy.

(I sadly failed in my search to find if low light photography could be used to map the road bumps. Then again, there may be better|more efficient ways to do that.)


When I tried around local town: put the camera on the dashboard in manual exposure (1/2-1.5 s, f/10-f/11) & focus (~10 ft); added a remote cable; when saw an opportunity, pressed the shutter.

Yes, I did have to drive carefully when turning, especially so when the turn was on an incline. My speed ranged 0-30 m/h.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.