Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

May 24, 2010

Hikage Hego

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/5.6, ISO 400 -- EXIF
Japanese Tree Fern
(???)

The name of this plant is hikage hego. I did a few searches about this and came up with "Japanese tree fern". I always thought these were a type of palm tree! Anyways, these are the buds of new leaves. They are actually quite large. The base of these buds are larger than a soda can. This photo wasn't very interesting in color so I switched it to black and white, gave it a vignette and adjusted some of the variable settings inside of Lightroom 2.

1 comments:

Peter in Wales said...

Hikage-hego is Cyathea lepifera, a tree fern growing to 6m or more, according to the books. I'm highly envious of where you live, with such rich and diverse vegetation on your doorstep ! And I really like the treatment you've given this shot. Great stuff.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.