Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jan 10, 2010

Amami Fruit Sauces

Posted by Amami Superman

My wife runs a small import shop here in Amami called IMPORTANT. She enjoys doing it but it's more a hobby than a business. She buys imported goods from distributors here in Japan as well as importing directly from America.


Today one of my wife's friends came in and told us about the company he works for here in Amami. They make several different products from materials produced here in Amami. Today he wanted to show us some of the fruit sauces his company makes. When he brought out the samples to show us, I thought I would take a few shots of them since I had my camera right next to me. Although his website is in Japanese, I thought I would link it.

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/1000 sec, f/1.4, ISO 100 -- EXIF
Guava, Plum and Passion Fruits

I took this photo right next to the cash register facing the door of my wife's store. It was a beautiful sunny day today and the background was pretty bright but I wanted the light to shine through the items to show the texture of the liquids inside. I did a bit of post editing in Lightroom 2 upping the Recovery, Fill Light and a few other of the settings. Despite the bright background, I felt this photo turned out quite well after a bit of editing.

I have yet to try these products but they do look delicious. I think they would go well on some shaved ice.

As I said, it was very nice weather today and I was antsy to go out and take some photos of something. I was thinking of going to take more sunset photos, but there wasn't a cloud in the sky and I find that a cloudless sky doesn't make much for a sunset photo, so I passed. I did, however, go out and take some other photos that I'll share with you later.

Oh, and TODAY is my actual blog anniversary. Yay for 1 year! Thanks for reading.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.