Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jan 20, 2010

My First Black and White

Posted by Amami Superman

Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 48mm, 1/160 sec, f/5.6, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Steps of Darkened Wonder

As I said in my previous post, I would try to enhance the photos I didn't like at first to make them seem better. In color, this photo just didn't strike me. But after doing some post editing, I really liked it.

I converted it to Grayscale, upped the Blacks and Fill Light and gave it a Vignette inside of Lightroom 2. I also did some Sharpening trying to up the "graininess" of the photo. I could have brought it into Photoshop to do that, but decided not to. I hope you like it.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Friedl said...

FYI, the LR3 beta has a develop panel for adding grain.

Amami Superman said...

I was reading about LR3 the other day and some of the new features it will have. Very cool stuff.

I was thinking about downloading LR3 beta but it said at the download page that it "does not read, upgrade or import catalogs from previous versions of Lightroom" and they recommended using the previous versions for workflows. I figured I'd get it when it was officially released.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.