Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jan 22, 2010

Went for a Walk

Posted by Amami Superman

I was cruising the interwebs looking at different photography sites and blogs and just got bored with it so I grabbed my camera bag and tripod and took a walk. It was in the evening around 9:00pm when I left so it was pretty dark out. I'm not that good at night time photography so it was good practice for me. I didn't have anything particular in mind that I wanted to shoot, I just headed down the street toward the fishing port snapping shots of different things. I tried to think about the shot I was taking and how I wanted to compose it and I took 5-10 shots every time I stopped.

Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/125 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Nangoku
A little mom-n-pop type Chinese restaurant.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/125 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Amami's Main Drag


Nikon D60, Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 @ 18mm, 5 sec, f/3.5, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Night Time Fishing
Nothing was biting.


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/40 sec, f/1.4, ISO 800 -- EXIF
Fishing Boat at the Port


Nikon D60, Sigma 30mm f/1.4, 1/60 sec, f/1.4, ISO 1600 -- EXIF
Mental Training Before Bedtime
Kengo Maekawa

While I was down at the fishing port, I tried to take some long exposures of the city, but I pretty much screwed them all up. The photos were out of focus or I had the wrong settings and the brighter lights blared. It would be better to try to take some photos like that closer to dusk when there's a little more ambient light. I'll have to put that on my list of things I want to try.

2 comments:

Jeffrey Friedl said...

Love the Fishing one.... the guy didn't move a muscle for the 5-sec exposure, it seems.

Do you know what the "Mental Training" involved? Looks like his bat position is more appropriate for golf than baseball.... cross-training? :-)

Amami Superman said...

The guy fishing was fun to take. He was a blabber mouth. Kept going on about how he caught loads the fish the previous night but wasn't able to even get nibbles that night and kept going on about it.

As for the mental training, he was just going through his routine he does as he steps in to the batter's box. I think this shot was caught just as he was going into his batting stance about to bend his knees. He would then visualize a pitch and swing away. It's not an unfamiliar site for him to be out late doing this sort of thing.

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.