Amami Superman Photography

A Place to Share My Photos

Jan 27, 2010

New Blog Design

Posted by Amami Superman

Do you ever want to take things apart to know how they work? I'm that sort of a person. I've mostly been interested in cars and bikes and it's always been cars and bikes that I take apart to get a better understanding of.


Until I started this blog, I never blogged before. When I started to get into photography, I noticed that a lot of people posted their photos in blogs of some sort to share their photos. I decided to try it out. I learned about free templates that you could use to give your blog more style. The whole cutting and pasting a template into your blog was easy enough. But one look at the html, css and widgets used made me think that's a lot to learn about if I wanted to make my own template.

It all started out a few days ago when I got fed up with Photobucket. I wanted my photos to look nicer so I started a trial account on Zenfolio to upload my photos to. I thought, "Now my photos will look a little nicer." Well, it didn't stop there. As I looked through my photos, I didn't like how my categories sort of got out of control. I decided to go through my posts and take all the labels from my posts out and try to think up a better list to use. As you can see, I don't have a category list at the moment.

It's always been in the back of my mind that the template I used wasn't that good for showing off photos. A lot of browns seemed to take away from the warmer colors in my photos. As I was going through my posts, I started to get an itch for changing the template. I got into web design a few years back and I've done a bit of studying on html and css and I used what I know to widen areas of my blog and change some colors to what it is now. I decided to jump in and see what I could learn about the codes used to make this template.

I copied my current blog's html and pasted it into a new blog. After that I took a look at all the different graphics used and the code used to build my current template. Next thing I knew, I was in Illustrator and Photoshop making up my own web graphics to see if I could rebuild my blog into something I like that I made.

This is what I made.

My New Blog Design


I'm still doing some fine tuning tweaks but I was interested to know what others thought before I made the actual change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the language clean please. I have family that see this. Tell us what part of the world you're in.